Eye of the Tiger Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the academy where beginners become pros!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inExp
Latest topics
» Earth Monster of the Week 4
Deck Building Class EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 pm by yugiohmania827

» yugiohmania827 IS OUT!
Deck Building Class EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 pm by yugiohmania827

» See ya guys! Tsubassa
Deck Building Class EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:05 am by tsubassa

» illmatic is sadly leaving....
Deck Building Class EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 am by Eugene_Chaud

» Richbonner93's Departure
Deck Building Class EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:24 am by richbonner93

» Favorite Old School Card
Deck Building Class EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:54 am by Eugene_Chaud

» Debut of the Ranking Tournaments: December 26, 2011 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time
Deck Building Class EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:47 am by ~Prongs

» Earth Monstr of the Week 3
Deck Building Class EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:36 am by yugiohmania827

» ~Prongs here
Deck Building Class EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:21 am by yugiohmania827

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
Tester Applications
Debut of the Ranking Tournaments: December 26, 2011 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time
How about classes?
Yu-Gi-Oh! Tier List Discussion
Richbonner93 and Illimatic123: Guide To Deck Building
Favorite Old School Card
brand new dorms
team stardust
Diffrent Strategies Classes
richbonner93's Roleplay character: Rein Barrett
Top posting users this week
No user

Deck Building Class

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
richbonner93

richbonner93

E.T. Cash : 997

Deck Building Class Empty
PostSubject: Deck Building Class   Deck Building Class EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:48 pm

This class will start tomorrow. I will have it under a calender event. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
richbonner93

richbonner93

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Class   Deck Building Class EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Hey students, I am sorry I could not post earlier. I was helping around the house with Christmas decorations and preparing for my girlfriend coming over tomorrow.
But, anyway, the first topic of the class is about staples. What are staples? Well, staple cards are cards that can be put into any deck and help make the deck run better (splashable). There is no true way of having a card become a staple, but staple cards are usually found in every deck and can be helpful no matter the style of the deck. Here is a list of some staple cards, but the way you can decide what a staple card is by how you play and what cards you think should be in every deck.
  • Effect Veiler
  • Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning
  • Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
  • Tragoedia
  • Book of Moon
  • Monster Reborn
  • Pot of Duality
  • Mind Control
  • Heavy Storm
  • Dark Hole
  • Mystical Space Typhoon
  • Dark Bribe
  • Mirror Force
  • Solemn Judgment
  • Solemn Warning
  • Torrential Tribute
  • Dimensional Prison

The list can go on and on but is different for every player but this is a general consensus of the staples out there in the current format. Now the big question, how can staple cards help my deck?
Well, like everything else in the most popular card game in the world, it depends upon the individual. ut, some cards theat are necessary for any successful deck I will list below with the reason(s) why:
  • Effect Veiler-This card can stop any effect for a turn, which can stop potential OTKs and devistating combos (ex: Rescue Rabbit for a potential Evolzar Laggia or Dolkka)
  • Gorz the Emissary of Darkness-If your opponent clears your field somehow, after a direct attack, summon this massive monster and a free token for even more protection and to stop OTKs.
  • Dark Hole-Clear the monster field, enough said.
  • Heavy Storm-You don't need an explanation for this card.
  • Mystical Space Typhoon-Spell/Trap removal.
  • Pot of Duality-Keeps up with the consistency of decks by pulling the right card you need for the current situation
  • Solemn Warning-Negate any summon of a monster or any card that does, which includes Starlight Road.
  • Dimensional Prison-Banish any attacking monster, making them harder to get back and without being afraid of those pesky Stardust Dragons.
  • Dark Bribe-Negate any spell/trap and have your opponent draw a card. Not the best drawback but it certainly helps secure your current field presence.
  • Monster Reborn-Revive any monster from either graveyard for multiple uses.

If you still have any questions on how any of the above staples could help your deck, if you have any other ideas of current staple cards, or any other questions, feel free to post them here. If you need personal help with your deck, please PM me (richbonner93) or Illmatic123 (DN name is illmatic) and we can help you personally.
P.S.-If you did not sign up for the class, it's not to late. Just post that you want to be in the class in the other topic. Also, if you are just too lazy to rebuild your deck yourself, go to Illmatic123 and Richbonner93's Deck Repair Shop and we will help you for a certain price.
Thank you for reading. The next class will be on this topic: How can I tell that my deck is good and competitive vs. looks cool, but doesn't work? This next class will be on Friday, December 30.

Last edited by richbonner93 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yugiohmania827
Tester
Tester
yugiohmania827

E.T. Cash : 68

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Class   Deck Building Class EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:05 pm

I dont view blsas being a good card. I mean hes great in certain decks but not in all of them.
Back to top Go down
nothost

E.T. Cash : 100

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Class   Deck Building Class EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 am

I would like to point out that some staples are universally accepted as staples (monster reborn and dark hole are in pretty much every deck) although some people don't consider certain cards on this deck to be staples though. (some people don't like dark bribe because it makes an opponent draw one card, trag doesn't belong in every deck, etc) Overall though, what you just said about staples is pretty accurate.
Back to top Go down
richbonner93

richbonner93

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Class   Deck Building Class EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:12 am

Thank you for your input, like I said, staples are based on personal opinion. But anyway thank you both for your posts.
Back to top Go down
kegan265

kegan265

E.T. Cash : 100

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Class   Deck Building Class EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 11:41 am

i have a question would it be advise able to have a certain amount of staples and about how many would you recomend?
Back to top Go down
illmatic123
Admin
Admin
illmatic123

E.T. Cash : 25

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Class   Deck Building Class EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 11:34 pm

all depends on ur deck lik half ur deck cn b staples n ur deck wud still work perfectly fine.
bt for ex. if u need drawing power in ur deck then u wud add pot of duality(staple)

i hoped i helped sum
Back to top Go down
https://etduelacademy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Building Class   Deck Building Class Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck Building Class
Page 1 of 1